Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
I got the idea for this on allrecipes.com I made some adjustments and it has quickly become a family favorite!
• 1/3 cup butter, softened
• 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
• Parchment paper
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 16 ounces cream cheese – room temperature, reduce fat works perfectly
• 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
• 3 tablespoons milk
• 1 egg
• 1 egg white
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Raspberry Jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
3. Press pastry mixture into 8-inch square pan lined with parchment paper, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on rack.
4. To make Filling: Beat together the white sugar, and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the egg, egg white, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix well. Spread filling mixture over baked crust.
5. Drop 6-8 tsp of jam evenly through out the top of cheesecake mixture with a butter knife swirl jam into cheesecake mixture.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Let cool on wire rack and refrigerate.
Serve with fruit.